Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Life and Food of a restaurant delivery service

First off my name is Robin and some of you might know me as "Robin with Provo Eats" or the guy that says "sweet potato fries" with a funny accent. I run a restaurant delivery service and online ordering websites FoodFreshFast and ProvoEats.  But really I am just a nerd who loves food and technology more than anything and hopes to bring my love for it straight to you. This will be my first real attempt at a blog so wish me luck.

I have been wanting to do this for a long time and have yet to stick with it. I think that I just get overwhelmed for a day and then the next day and then I just forget about it all together. Kinda like working out. But I think that people would really like to get to know a restaurant delivery service, from the drivers to the restaurants their are a lot of characters and stories to be heard. I will not set a specific focus for this blog yet, I just want to get it started and stick with it for now. I have been working in the food industry for about a decade and have seen so many things that I have always wanted to tell people about. This is a tough industry and there are countless Hero's that make it all come together. Starting with the prep cooks and dishwashers and ending with a delivery driver who braves the snow to get you fed. I have worked all these jobs, sometimes even many of them all in one day. For one of the largest and most well known industries people still often forget what it takes to bring that great meal to the table. I am here to tell you the how, the why, and what I love about this job.


No comments:

Post a Comment